Freedom from Stress Eating
Part 5: Overwhelm Triggers
The 10 Triggers of Potential Overwhelm
1. Volume of demands (too much to do)
2. Complexity of demands (everything is too difficult to handle)
3. Mood hijacker foods
5. Sabotage You
9. Squashing difficult emotions
10. Binge shame
The Four Questions To Ask About Each Trigger Instead of Eating in Overwhelm
1. What pause button strategies can I use instead of eating in overwhelm?
2. Are there any hidden benefits for me to this overwhelm trigger?
3. Can I remove this overwhelm trigger?
4. If I answered no to Q3, can I reduce the overwhelm I experience as a result of this trigger?
Trigger #1: Volume of Demands
There is a lot to think about in these videos. Not all of it you will be willing to tackle right now.
First, make a note of the pause button strategies and try them out when you feel like eating in overwhelm.
Secondly, journal or discuss with someone the question(s) that stand out for you.