How not thinking can help you reclaim your life from food
from The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal
...If you are wondering what the 'smallest dose of meditation' is, the author talks about a few weeks that were part of the research she discusses.
However, I believe - as an ex-card carrying mediation hater and now convert - that a couple of minutes to begin with every day built up to 10 minutes most days - is enough to get the benefits mentioned above.
Mediation allows your mind to calm down enough to change not only your behaviour, but beliefs and unconscious impulses around food. It prepares the ground for deeper understanding of your hidden beliefs and a conversation with your inner child, should you want to do that work.
The most immediate benefit I found was that I became less emotionally reactive. If you are less emotionally reactive, you have less need to use food to manage your state.
Try this guided 4 minute meditation to start changing your life now.
Free Hidden Sugars Checklist
- The 6 main offenders in virtually every health food store
- 42 other 'fake healthy' sweeteners
- The 'health' drink that is more harmful than Coke
- Which alternatives are OK in moderation
- Why you should avoid artificial sweeteners
- all on 1 handy page to print and stick on your fridge